- The Trethewey paper is due Wednesday, April 20, at midnight. I am unable to accept any papers at all later than Friday, April 22 at midnight so please be punctual!
- The blog is open for posts and comments until Friday, April 22, at midnight.
- I will assess any work done on the collaborative projects up until midnight on Friday, April 22.
- I will have regular office hours on Wednesday but NOT Thursday and Friday because of the Kemp Symposium, so contact me if you would like a meeting one of those days.
- Your final exam times are on the Syllabus.
- Consult the assignment for the collaborative project in Canvas for guidelines on the oral presentations that will take place in the final exam slot.
I hope to release the grades for the drama/Ruhl paper sometime today. But because too many of the papers are not as strong as I’d like them to be, I’m going to move the Trethewey paper deadline back just 24 hours to give everyone more time to look at feedback and see if it will help their revisions on the poetry paper. So the new deadline will be Wednesday 4/20 at midnight.
Do you have a Bridge to the Blog or Applied Theory Post that was completed and posted on the blog but never submitted to Canvas?
It won’t get credit!
My FINAL date for accepting the submission of Bridges and ATPs to Canvas is Friday, April 15, at midnight. After that they will revert to 0.
- I have made changes to some of the collaborative groups. Please check your email. Even if your group remained the same, you’ve received a confirmation of that and I’ve sent everyone their document link again.
- As I mentioned in class, if you look at this assignment in Canvas you will see that I’ve now included the guidelines for the oral presentation that each group will do during the final exam slot.
Everyone should bring THREE copies of your thesis draft next Tuesday (3/29).
It is fine to print all on one page and cut it if you want to save printing. One of these will get turned in to me to earn credit for that requirement on the essay rubric.
As of this morning, each of you should have received an email from me about this project, which is due at the very end of the semester. The email is addressed to you and to your partner(s) for this assignment, and it contains a link to the Google Doc in which you will work.
- If you follow the link and your name is NOT at the top of the document you reach, please alert me immediately.
- The topic assigned to your group is in the title of the document. The assignment itself is reprinted there.
- Reminder: if you want this project to be manageable, you will use this google doc throughout the semester, as we study each theory, as a place to take notes (including page numbers of definitions, etc.), jot ideas, and communicate with one another. Maybe you want to do so right away for New, Psychoanalytic, and Marxist theory if they apply to your term.
- At any point that your group wishes to discuss or clarify the topic, I am happy to meet with you in my office hours to do so.
People, we can’t keep loading up theories without discussion, and so the cancellation of class on 1/26 means that I’ve had to amend the schedule. This has shifted a few things both before and after Spring Break. The new schedule is available to download or to view here. You’ll see that I’ve shifted one essay deadline back by a few days, but I’ve tried to keep those consistent. I will be updating the Applied Theory Post and Bridge Schedules to reflect changes; check them before class Thursday to make sure no problem has arisen with your new deadline if your assignment due date has changed.
Everyone should make sure to check the Bridge to the Blog and Applied Theory Post dates on the schedules above, since they begin on Tuesday (presuming we are back on schedule).
Folks, this delay has killed the 8:00 class and eaten into the 9:30 badly. I’m not going to make you come in when we can’t complete our work anyway. So:
- READ ON for next Tuesday– we will wrap both New Criticism and Psychoanalytic then, which is possible since no on was assigned Bridges, ATPs, etc. for today.
- If you are NOT on my schedules for those assignments (see other sticky post or the tabs above), you need to contact me with your preferences ASAP, in office hours or by email. Give me at least two choices because this is first-come, first-served. I will confirm your choice. If I don’t have information from you by midnight tonight, I will place you on the schedule anyway.
The Bridge to the Blog schedule is here.
The Applied Theory Post schedule is here.
On each of these, students from the 8:00 class are in purple
students from the 9:30 class are in green.
IF YOU ARE NOT ON THESE SCHEDULES, BE READY TO TELL ME WHAT DAY YOU WANT
IN CLASS ON THURSDAY:
ONE PERSON PER DAY/CLASS FOR BRIDGE.
UP TO THREE PEOPLE PER THEORY/CLASS FOR APPLIED THEORY POST.