- The Trethewey paper is due Wednesday, April 20, at midnight. I am unable to accept any papers at all later than Friday, April 22 at midnight so please be punctual!
- The blog is open for posts and comments until Friday, April 22, at midnight.
- I will assess any work done on the collaborative projects up until midnight on Friday, April 22.
- I will have regular office hours on Wednesday but NOT Thursday and Friday because of the Kemp Symposium, so contact me if you would like a meeting one of those days.
- Your final exam times are on the Syllabus.
- Consult the assignment for the collaborative project in Canvas for guidelines on the oral presentations that will take place in the final exam slot.
- I have made changes to some of the collaborative groups. Please check your email. Even if your group remained the same, you’ve received a confirmation of that and I’ve sent everyone their document link again.
- As I mentioned in class, if you look at this assignment in Canvas you will see that I’ve now included the guidelines for the oral presentation that each group will do during the final exam slot.
As of this morning, each of you should have received an email from me about this project, which is due at the very end of the semester. The email is addressed to you and to your partner(s) for this assignment, and it contains a link to the Google Doc in which you will work.
- If you follow the link and your name is NOT at the top of the document you reach, please alert me immediately.
- The topic assigned to your group is in the title of the document. The assignment itself is reprinted there.
- Reminder: if you want this project to be manageable, you will use this google doc throughout the semester, as we study each theory, as a place to take notes (including page numbers of definitions, etc.), jot ideas, and communicate with one another. Maybe you want to do so right away for New, Psychoanalytic, and Marxist theory if they apply to your term.
- At any point that your group wishes to discuss or clarify the topic, I am happy to meet with you in my office hours to do so.
People, we can’t keep loading up theories without discussion, and so the cancellation of class on 1/26 means that I’ve had to amend the schedule. This has shifted a few things both before and after Spring Break. The new schedule is available to download or to view here. You’ll see that I’ve shifted one essay deadline back by a few days, but I’ve tried to keep those consistent. I will be updating the Applied Theory Post and Bridge Schedules to reflect changes; check them before class Thursday to make sure no problem has arisen with your new deadline if your assignment due date has changed.
I’ve just added a new link that has support for UMW Blogs. If you’re new to the system, you can check here for help.
This blog is an essential extension of our classroom, and it should be homebase for you: you should use it as a place to engage with our course materials, share resources, and ask questions, and you should always read it between class meetings. Additionally, it will host some of your assignments, expanding your audience beyond the teacher to the other students of 295.